Nominations are now open for the International Water Association (IWA) Young Leadership Award.
The IWA Young Leadership Award is given to an outstanding water professional aged 35 or younger who has demonstrated significant accomplishments in their career. The winner has demonstrated exceptional leadership potential and the ability to play an important and influential role in the water industry in the future.
Throughout his two-year tenure as a Young Leadership Award winner, he also serves as a Young Leadership Ambassador for the International Water Association and the Young Water Professionals community of the ‘IWA.
The winner will receive their award during the World Congress and Exhibition on Water and Development from September 11-15, 2022 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- The award is open to (related) water sector professionals aged 35 or younger.
- This award recognizes the contribution of an individual (rather than an organization or project). Consideration for the award is based on nominations. Nominations must not be made by the nominee or a member of the nominee’s family. Candidates and those making nominations do not need to be members of the IWA.
- The winner will be selected for the excellence of his contribution.
- All inquiries are made on a confidential basis.
- Vision (25%) – The individual strives to contribute to the water sector and to sustainable development and sets goals that go beyond him.
- Initiative (25%) – The individual has taken initiative and responsibility to contribute to sustainable water management and practices by developing new ideas and/or opening up new possibilities and opportunities
- Motivator (25%) – There is evidence of (voluntary) work/projects that demonstrate how the individual has motivated (a large group of) professionals within or beyond the water sector and across disciplines to act towards a common goal and positions the individual as a role model among their peers and the wider community.
Impact on the water sector (25%) – Individual has made an impact with their work to influence the (related) water sector – professionals, practices, solutions
For more information, visit https://iwa-network.org/iwa-young-leadership-award/