Family massacred; Public demands investigation into police response time – Magnetic Media


By Deandrea Hamilton and Dana Malcolm

Editorial team

#TurksandCaicos, November 4, 2022 – Three weeks of relative calm in the Turks and Caicos Islands were shattered on Wednesday (October 26) by another double shooting, which left a man murdered. Since then, at least six other shootings across mostly Providenciales, with an unconfirmed report from Grand Turk and a most shocking massacre of nearly an entire family have sent shock and awe to fever pitch.

For the Turks and Caicos Islands, these are unprecedented times.

No identities have been revealed in the shots, but locals know who they are and are talking, with many taking to social media primarily to express their disappointment with the police and their horror at the crimes.

Police haven’t characterized the shootings either, but the videos of the various scenes are painful to watch.

In the October 26 homicide, a young man is bloodied and lifeless. Residents are heard trying desperately to keep the another young man alive repeatedly asking him not to close his eyes. This man, we understand, was recovering in hospital.

It’s a terrible throwback to the events that erupted in early September and a chilling reminder that all is not well in the Turks and Caicos Islands.

It appears this incident has reignited a feud at a time when it appears Operation Anaconda has been disbanded as there are no longer any sights of the 24-member Royal Bahamas Police Force on the streets. There is also no mention of the Special Combined Force by Police Commissioner TCI.

Here are the reports, as shared by TCI Royal Police along with the first information about the bloodshed.

At approximately 6:05 p.m. Wednesday, October 26, police received multiple calls indicating gunshots were heard near the James Stubbs Building along the Leeward Freeway. After that more calls were made reporting a bloodied man near Monica’s bar when the police arrived there were two men down.

The report released the night of the attack confirmed civilian accounts that the first victim was alive and conscious with a gunshot wound to the left side of his body when they arrived, while the second victim was already lifeless.

Magnetic Media was also informed that three bullets had been hit; however, this was never confirmed by TCI police.

On Saturday, October 29, here is the report: “Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force officers are actively investigating the circumstances surrounding a shooting at Dock Yard, which left a man seriously injured.

Reports indicate that a call was made to the police control room in the early hours of the morning (Saturday 29th October) indicating that a male victim of a gunshot wound was seeking medical attention.

On Sunday there was another shooting and it appears this one was a case of mistaken identity. Two were in a vehicle traveling through the Millennium Heights subdivision, when two women miraculously survived an assault from two masked, black-clad men.

Police said: “Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police officers are investigating the murder of a woman.

Reports indicate that at approximately 7:13 p.m. today (Sunday October 30) a call was made to the police control room indicating that a female driver and her friend were heading to Millennium Heights Phase 2, Blue Hills, when the driver was stopped by another vehicle. , whose occupant began to fire in its direction.

The passenger was shot in the left shoulder.

Not even 24 hours later, a new murder was to be recorded.

“Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police officers are currently investigating a murder.

Initial reports say a call was made to the police control room at around 8.56am today (Monday October 31) alerting that a male victim was lying motionless on the ground near Parker’s Yard , Wheeland, Blue Hills.

Officers were dispatched to the scene and upon arrival found a man with gunshot wounds. »

That night, the most gruesome attack would be recorded. An entire family, including two children and one unborn, did not spare the wrath of a ruthless gun attack.

From the police, after a number of deeply concerning missteps in the Dock Yard case, there has been this update: a man and woman, along with two children, were bleeding profusely from gunshot wounds in a vehicle parked at Dock Yard.

RTCIPF officers arrived at the indicated location and found the dead bodies of adults and a three-year-old male child. Another seven-year-old girl, who was also in the vehicle, was alive and being taken for medical treatment for injuries sustained.

Police Commissioner Trevor Botting, expressing his condolences to the families of the deceased, said: ‘The murder of the two adults and the child is shocking and the circumstances of what happened are now part of an active investigation. Such a vicious and barbaric act has no place in our communities and I condemn those involved. The criminals involved are in the minority and we must all work together to bring them to justice; these criminals are heartless; they don’t care about life.

“The RTCIPF remains focused and determined to bring the perpetrators to justice and we are supported by colleagues from the UK, the Bahamas and the US as we conduct robust and thorough investigations into the recent violence on the islands.

“Operations will continue to hunt down the criminals who cause the most harm to our communities and they must be prepared to spend the majority of their lives in prison when caught.”

Many expressed being exasperated by the police statements and even more so by the relentless criminality. A report of shooting by civilians found its way out of Grand Turk, this time unsubstantiated by police.

And as the Turks and Caicos Islands continued to grapple with the monstrosity of the young family’s homicides on Halloween night, there was yet another murder.

“Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police officers are investigating a shooting incident which resulted in one man being killed.

Initial reports indicate that at approximately 4:32 p.m. today (November 3), the police control room received a call that gunshots were heard in the yard of a Blue Hills resident.

When RTCIPF officers arrived at the designated location, a male victim was slumped in a chair, bleeding from what appeared to be a gunshot wound.

The victim was later pronounced dead by a medical official.

The murderous August rampage, which reached unusual heights in September and October, is now spilling over into November. In all the murders, only one person has been charged and that is in the case of Justin Cox-Beckles, killed when an argument escalated in a Blue Hills living room. This incident has not been counted among gang-fueled violence in the past three months.

According to Magnetic Media records, the number of murders now stands at 33 for 2022 in the Turks and Caicos Islands; a lamentable and appalling record.


About Author

Comments are closed.