Appeal launched for young family after the Laois fire

0

A call has gone out for a mother of two young children who lost everything in a house fire in Laois last weekend.

Lynne Hyland, who has two daughters, one-year-old Millie-Rose and six-year-old Sophie, saw flames inside her home when she returned to her home at Rossvale in Portlaoise on Friday evening.

His neighbor Laura Byrne has created a GoFundMe page to help the young family.

“She was literally about to put the key in the door and saw flames,” Laura explained.

Fortunately, Lynne and her children emerged unscathed from the fire that allegedly started in the kitchen of the house.

“She was visiting her mother on Friday and she arrived at her house on fire,” Laura said. The kitchen was completely destroyed and the house and its contents were extensively damaged by smoke, she said.

The fire destroyed “absolutely everything. They have what was on them and that’s it. says Laura. She said even the eldest daughter’s school clothes were destroyed due to the smoke damage.

Originally from The Heath, Lynne moved into the house in Rossvale a year and a half ago. She and her daughters have been living in her mother’s house since the fire but cannot stay there indefinitely, Laura said.

‘Council met with her this morning and confirmed it was an electrical fault,’ Laura said on Monday. ‘Council came to assess the damage today and told him there was nothing they could do to help him until his house was fixed as they had nowhere to put it,’ Laura explained .

In order to help the family, Laura created a GoFundMe page. She described the impact of the fire on the family.

“Between the fire itself and the smoke damage to the rest of the house, they lost absolutely everything. She is heartbroken and lost.

“Any donations would be greatly appreciated. Even sharing the link is extremely helpful in trying to get this young family back on their feet,” she said.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/yz8ez2-young-family-lose-everything-in-house-fire?qid=449cd5aa63f63b5ecfcf2a1e284f07db

Laois firefighters confirmed they attended the scene and entered the home to put out the blaze on Friday October 7.

A spokesperson said: ‘Laois County Council Fire and Rescue Service crews urge the community to visit www.firesafetyweek.ie and/or https://laois.ie/departments/fire-rescue / for additional home fire safety information and have everyone test their smoke alarms weekly.

ADVERTISEMENT – KEEP READING BELOW

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.